Saturday, August 12, 2006

Dr Who ? You wot ?

Right. Let me be clear from the outset. I am what is commonly refered to as a "hoovian" and this sets me apart from those pipsqueaks who are now refered to as hoovers, schleps or drongos.

A hoovian is a fan of the old Dr Who. The one who thought, reflected and managed to think his way out of trouble and save the world. Yes, a little sexist but sex wasn't the point. And, if it was Tom Baker in the late 70's, pretty hot as well.

A hoover is someone who watches the new doctor Who and thinks - wooo - good action, love how they spend most of their time running like hell from the bad guys and rarely come up with anything approximating a clever idea. ie - thick as sh*t and thinks Big Brother actually refers to a reality show.

Yes, yes - Billie Piper is sex on legs - I am not arguing with anyone from the testosterone side of the fence that she is worth checking out. And frankly, I've always had a thing for David Tennant and would shag him stupid if I wasn't married and square. BUT PLEEEEEEEEASE - giveth me a breaketh.

Doesn't it bother anyone how far this thing has been dumbed down ? Doesn't anyone else positively yearn for some clever techo solution ? What about some intelligent dialogue ?

Is there anybody out there ????

Oh, and while we are on the subject, if you don't fix it, I will take over the control of the Cybermen and hunt Russell Davies down and torture him until he stops enjoying it. (That could take a while).

3 comments:

CCCCppppCCppp said...

m

Thank goodness for DVD's or I'd never see anything I like.

Pat said...

Long, long ago I watched Dr. Who - the old one - for exactly the reasons you state Mummified! Unfortunately it was only for a short while and circumstances prevented me from finishing the series. Thus, I never watched the new series at all. Now I'm glad I didn't and know that I haven't missed anything! The "dummying down" syndrome seems to have aflicted most TV shows today - don't you think? Not all, certainly, but...well, most.

The Phosgene Kid said...

He always had hot babes in mod clothes, not like Peabody and Sherman with their way-back machine.