Thursday, November 16, 2017

Oh Tay Tay...seriously ?

One of my pieces of dirty laundry is that I love Taylor Swift. Yep, that is right,love her. The songs make me sing along, she is an extraordinary business woman, she's only 27 and she rocks. Until now. I am devastated to learn about her new online portal which offers fans the chance to move up the queue to try to get (no guarantees) tickets to see her. She has used a classic gaming model (yes I do mean video game but also in the economics modelling sense). As fans buy merch, they move up the queue, getting closer to tickets. Not with a defined goal like, pay X and you get Y. No, pay X and you might get a shot at Y. Seriously Taylor ? You really need to push your young, impressionable fans harder to make more cash ? Sorry Tay Tay but this decision is where you and ethics get a divorce... a really nasty one.

No comments: