Sunday, May 28, 2006

I'm back jack

Hmmm,

Well, I have been lying low for a little while and many thanks to my lovely fellow bloggers who enquired after my health. I wrote a silly piece of fluff a couple of posts ago (not fuff, fuff is a woman of substance) about the Da Vinci code and someone I hadn't had a comment from before wrote a rather nasty one. The words "paranoid" and various other unkindnesses were used. I get all comments emailed to me direct so when I opened my outlook for my email, I felt as though I had been belted rather hard across the chops (chops=jaw=where your choppers/teeth are). Fortunately, he had subsequently decided to remove it so it wasn't on my actual blog when I went back in.

Now I am the first to admit I am over-sensitive. But I was rather taken aback. When I had finished being taken aback, I felt rather icky. You see, I have had such a good run from you lot, you have been so kind and encouraging that I have become spoilt. And I guess because I do write so directly from my life, I didn't know what to do when I was initiated into the world of mean comments. So, like a wimp, I hid for a while and licked my wounds.

However, they are now healed so I hope to be writing more, reading your blogs and making useful/silly/fun comments.

mummified was mortified (but isn't now)

5 comments:

Pat said...

Oh mummified ... I'm sorry you suffered so, altho I suspected as much. Please remember that comments are merely opinions committed to writing. Nothing more. And as with all opinions - everyone has 'em, and not all of 'em are valid. If it helps any I've found that very often "mean" comments are based in a foundation of fear. Knowing this has helped me to understand the commentor a bit better. Anyway, it is so good to hear from you again! I'm glad you're back!

Cheshire Cat said...

Alas, dear Mummy, there are too many mean-spirited (substitute any stronger word of your choice) creatures around, and they seem to positively come out in droves whenever religious/irreligious and/or political/irrelevant topics pop up.

I will also add that from observation mostly these ill-natured (again, replace with a more profane term as you like) will post without having read or followed the rest of someone's blog, so they either take things out of context or they don't understand the tone of the blogger who wrote the post. In other words, they're ignorant blankety-blanks and you should think no more of them than we do of inert objects. ;-D

Hugs!

CCCCppppCCppp said...

M

Shall I bonk the rotter with the royal sceptre you have so graciously sent to me on loan? I've had my share of anonymous posting. Sometimes I cry and some times I sleuth and some times I address the dope in a post. I always open email with a mixture of curiosity and trepidation. I only have my fairsCaPe blog attached to my email. The others float free like my anxiety. I'm glad to see you back on board.

Pat said...

Fairscape: Please do bonk away!! These scoundrels hurting good folk like you and Mummy deserve nothing nicer, so please commence bonking at Will and immediately, if you please! If current sceptor is not up to the task and breaks mid-bonk, we'll just simply forge another and send it over straight away!!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Ah, now you got me wondering what comment I left. I am Divincied out... Hopefully it wasn't one of mine.