Thursday, April 13, 2006

watch out - choccie avalanche ahead

Ah yes, Easter. Hot cross buns and chocolate, the resurrection and chocolate. The end of Lent and chocolate. Not that I'm obsessed at all - mmm Lindt - it is just an integral part of the whole chocolate - sorry, Easter - thing.

This year the little fella will participate in his first Easter egg hunt down at my parent's place in the country. As the youngest of the Grandchildren, he will be vying for chocolate with his big cousins. Mind you, he is pretty quick on his little tippy toes by now so may find that an advantage.

He has also sensibly employed an Easter egg search consultant - me - who will be spying out easter egg opportunities, defining the most profitable easter egg segments and formulating the best go to market/easter egg strategy.

We'll let you know how we do. And if it doesn't work out, I have a stash of Plan B eggs in the kitchen cupboard - I always like to have a plan B.

Have a good Easter everyone. May your chocolate overfloweth....

mummified - about to be choccie-fied

5 comments:

Cheshire Cat said...

Very much enjoyed this post. :0)

And I'm glutted with chocs just from reading about all the chocs, lol.

I like your tot's strategy; what a clever little man to know his bestest strategist and resource is his mum. :-D

The Phosgene Kid said...

We do Italian Easter cookies. The cool thing is the tradtion has been passed on from generation to generation, now out daughter and out daughter-in-law make them.

Mummified said...

How marvellous PK. What do the easter cookies look like ? do they have a special design or special flavours ? And I really love the idea of a tradition being passed down through the family.

The Phosgene Kid said...

My wife makes them egg shaped - they are soft and thick. Her mother used to braid the dough into elabotate crosses with a hard boiled egg in the center of the cross for the nuns. I will post a picture if I can take one before they are gone...

Sarah Letnes said...

My Uncle pitted his three and four-year-old grandchildren against each other in an egg hunt last year. Instead of the eggs being their own reward, the winner (the four-year-old) got five bucks. We got to watch the little one burst into tears. Ahhh...the family fun.